Most businesses these days have a website. But simply having a website is not enough – in order to be successful, businesses need to use analytics to understand how their customers interact with their website. This information can be used to improve the customer experience and increase sales. Additionally, businesses can use analytics to track the performance of their website and make changes as needed.
Read this article to know How to start an ecommerce business
Here are 5 most important parameters to track using analytics on website
In order to track website traffic, businesses need to set up goals and track how many visitors complete those goals. For example, a business might set a goal of getting 100 visitors to sign up for their newsletter. Once the goal is set up, businesses can use analytics to track how many visitors complete the goal and see where they are coming from (i.e. which website sources are sending the most traffic). This information can help businesses improve their website and marketing efforts.
Additionally, tracking website traffic can provide other benefits, such as:
– Understanding what content is most popular – This information can help businesses create more of the types of content that are most popular with their audience.
– Determining which marketing channels are most effective – By tracking how many visitors each marketing channel brings in, businesses can determine which channels are worth investing more money in.
– Measuring the impact of website changes – When making changes to their website, businesses can track how the changes impact traffic and conversions.
Read this article to know What you need for website design and development
The bounce rate is the percentage of visitors who leave your website after viewing only one page. A low bounce rate indicates that your website is providing a good experience for your visitors. If your bounce rate is high, it means that your website is not providing a good experience for your visitors. This could be due to a number of factors, such as slow loading times, confusing or cluttered layouts, or irrelevant content. If your bounce rate is high, you should take a look at your website and make changes to improve the experience.
The conversion rate is the percentage of visitors who take a desired action, such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter. A high conversion rate means that your website is effective in getting visitors to take the desired action. There are a number of ways to improve the conversion rate, such as:
– Creating a clear and concise call to action – This could be a button or link that tells the visitor what they need to do in order to complete the desired action.
– Making it easy for visitors to find what they are looking for – If your website is cluttered or has too much information, visitors might not be able to find what they are looking for. Make sure your website is easy to navigate and that all relevant information is easy to find.
– Offering incentives – Sometimes offering incentives, such as discounts or free shipping, can encourage visitors to take the desired action.
– Testing different versions of your website – You can test different versions of your website by using A/B testing tools. This will help you determine which version produces the best results.
Checkout the most comprehensive guide on how to increase conversion rate using UI/UX
Pages per visit
Pages per visit is a metric that helps businesses gauge the quality of their website. It measures how many pages a visitor views on average during one session on the website. This information can help businesses understand if their visitors are finding what they are looking for and keep them engaged on the website. Additionally, pages per visit can help businesses determine if their website is too cluttered or if they need to add more content.
Session duration is the amount of time a visitor spends on your website during one visit. A high session duration means that visitors are spending a lot of time on your website and that they are finding what they are looking for. This could be due to a number of factors, such as relevant and engaging content, easy navigation, or helpful tools and features. If your session duration is low, it might mean that your website is not meeting the needs of your visitors. You can improve session duration by making changes to your website, such as adding new content or improving the layout.
Correctly tracking and implementing the learnings from analytics can greatly benefit you in improving website performance. By understanding how your customers interact with your website, you can create the content that are most popular with them, determine which marketing channels are most effective, measure the impact of website changes, and improve session duration.
Brandshark is the leading creative digital marketing agency with years of experience in website design and development. Our web development team has implemented high conversion websites on Shopify and Wordpress and achieved some remarkable results. Drop a message to get free audit of your website.